I Am On My Way!

Well, I got the referral to UCLA for consultation for the gastric bypass and faxed my 10 page questionaire yesterday. Now UCLA decides if I am a likely canidate for the surgery and sends me a letter by mail telling me which surgeon to talk to. They also require appointments with a psychologist and nutritionist, which I think is a good thing!



I find my self in the supermarket line looking at wedding magazines and not worrying if there will be a wedding dress out there big enough to fit! Maybe that is why I never wanted to get married......no wedding dress in my size! It feels great to think I may not have to worry about that!



There is also amazing comfort in knowing that I am doing this with God leading the way! I don't think I would do something so risky and scary otherwise! Thanks to all of you for thoughts, concerns and prayers! Keep them coming and I will keep the updates coming as well!



Love,

The future skinny me! :)

Like this post? Please share it, bookmark it or leave a comment.
Digg
Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Newsvine
Twit This
Share on Facebook

2 comments:

Chris said...

Hey Cynthia,
What a great idea keeping a journey journal. I'm so proud of you. I know it's scarey, but how fortunate are "we" to have JESUS in "our" lives and to be guiding you on this journey. I know he will guide you every milla-second of the way. Trust in that!!!!! Love you darlin'
~~Chris

Anonymous said...

Chris,

I am so fortunate to have you on this journey with me!
You are a true inspiration on what it means to lean on God!

Love,
Cynthia