The Past 6 Months-January

Well....I hit January with no set plan in how I was going to lose my weight! I was getting nervous! I was conscience of what I was eating and why, but knew I really needed to get on a plan that works and is sensible! So off to Weight Watchers I went! I started their "core" plan, which is eating lean meats, veggies, fruit, whole grains and non-fat dairy without counting or journaling. Then you have an bonus 35 points a week to play around with! It made sense! Eat healthy 95% of the time and then the other 5% of the time won't have that much of an impact! I lost 10 pounds and started to feel much better!

The real blessing came in the form of my dear friend Dave. He so graciously offered to not only be my accountablity partner in exercise but to help pay for my gym membership! I started on 1/8 swimming up the lane and then walking back. I did this for a half hour. After the first couple of weeks, swimming at least 4 days a week, I was feeling less winded as I walk and the knees and back felt stronger! It helped immensely knowing that he would be there to root me on. That and I would have a 15 minute soak in the jacuzzi waiting for me AFTER my swim! The jacuzzi soak has become the best part of my day!

More importantly is that I felt better about the surgery knowing I was getting a healthy lifestyle in place! I am starting to see this is really going to work and I am looking foward to the new me!

:) Like this post? Please share it, bookmark it or leave a comment.
Digg
Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Newsvine
Twit This
Share on Facebook

0 comments: