The Past 6 Months--The Consultation

I can not believe it has been six months since I have written! There have been amazing changes and even more excitement is on the horizon!

First...the consultation! Mom and Brianna flew out from Arizona on the Friday before the consultation. We picked up Ally from Westlake and had a great weekend together! Saturday we went to the movies and bowling, Sunday we went out to Bucca Di Beppo with Mom's church gang and then out to Santa Monica. It was a real nice visit with no fighting or arguing! Mom was real supportive and maybe a little more nervous than I was!

Monday morning we are off to UCLA. I am the 2nd appointment of the day and when I get there the waiting room is packed! Some people smaller than me, some larger but all are waiting to here about a procedure that is bound to change their life!

Dr. Dutson was thorough in explaining the surgery and it's effects on weight and lifestyle. Mom asked him all the questions she needed to and I could tell she felt much better after hearing this isn't some "fly by the seat of their pants" outfit. After our questions were answered and a brief checkup, I met with Debbie, the nurse/program coordinator. It was then that I found out I had to lose 17-34 pounds before they will do surgery. This is 5-10% of my weight. They require this to not only get my lifestyle changes in place but to greatly decrease the risks of surgery! **sigh** Having to do this makes me more nervous than the surgery itself! So I weigh in: 340!!!
Wow! My highest weight ever!!! Ok...God has brought me to this, He will get me through it! I have to have these 17 pounds off by my tentative surgery date in March. I have to get it off sooner or later.

I felt encouraged and determined leaving UCLA! I could see light at the end of the tunnel for the first time in my life. I could begin to believe that nothing tastes as good as thin is going to feel! And feeling better is the focus! I can't wait until walking doesn't hurt and sleep come easy! But first, these 17 pounds had to come off in the face of Thanksgiving, a cruise and Christmas with my family. If I can overcome these obsticles, the rest should be relatively easy! :)
Like this post? Please share it, bookmark it or leave a comment.
Digg
Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Newsvine
Twit This
Share on Facebook

0 comments: