Crime Doesn't Pay

There are mornings that go smoothly. You hit little traffic, no one in the drive thru at Starbucks, your 9AM that you aren't ready for is cancelled, GREAT mornings!

That was yesterday! This is today. A morning that was f'd up from the start. It started with the timer on the coffee pot not going off at 6! When I finally stumbled downstairs to hit it manually, the filter plugged up and I ended up with coffee overflowing all over the kitchen. That's when I should have just gone back to bed. But no, I continue on to the Chatsworth Courthouse where I have to show proof of registration on my car! Yes, I got a fix it ticket about 5 months ago and today is the last day I have to take care of it. So the website says Courthouse opens at 8:30. I leave my house at 8:30 since I live across the street. I figure i'll get there when it opens so I won't have to wait in some ridiculously long line. HAHAHA! I get there and there is a sign on the door that says Courthouse opens at 8! Damn! Of course, at 8:35 the line is insane! I didn't have time to wait as I have a meeting at 10! But I wait....and wait....Blackberry with NO signal....45 freakin minutes. I finally get up to the window at 9:20 and i'm told I have a court appearance scheduled for 1:30!! WTF??? All I did was go online to extend the date of my ticket! Well, in doing that I scheduled a court appearance by mistake! Shit! Can't they just delete it, look at my registration and send me on my merry way? Of course not! If I don't keep the 1:30p appointment, there will be a bench warrant for my arrest! OMG!! I am now so upset I am ready to cry. The clerk calls a supervisor to tell me basically what she told me and while I wait another FIFTEEN minutes, I call my roommate to talk me off the ledge! If I would have had a gun ....well, lets just say I understand the term "going postal"! Tempers, frustration and weapons don't mix, that's why I won't come near anything that can do bodily harm to another! I also know the Superior Court isn't the place to go ballistic especially when no one I know can afford to bail me out of jail!

Finally the supervisor comes over and calmly explains what the clerk told me, I ask him if kicking and screaming would get me anywhere, and he said "only somewhere that requires handcuffs". I resisted the urge to make the comment that was at the forefront of my mind, the product of years of hanging out with musicians and chuckled. I knew when I was beat and thanked him! While outside calling my boss to tell her not only would I miss the meeting but had little hope of making it into the office at all, the supervisor came out and asked me to come with him! I was hoping he wasn't going to show me where handcuffs were required .....it is Chatsworth after all! Nope, nothing lewd! He was taking me down to the courtroom and in 10 minutes, had my ticket dismissed! I went upstairs, waited another 30 minutes to pay $10 and I was done!
Lessons learned during one of the most frustrating mornings in my recent memory: 1) Temper gets you NO where and 2) PAY REGISTRATION ON TIME!!!

It's noon! So far, I've been at work and there is no drama. I am going straight home from here, hug my dogs, watch Lost and wake up tomorrow, Friday, looking forward to a weekend at home! Yippee! Like this post? Please share it, bookmark it or leave a comment.
Digg
Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Newsvine
Twit This
Share on Facebook

0 comments: