Damn You, Jon Bon Jovi!

The news spread like wildfire among my friends. Jon Bon Jovi states he isn't taking the band on the road this summer due to the economy! Crap! That means no trip to NY for me and the girls. No hours spent lost on the turnpike, no swearing at non english speaking front desk clerks who can't give us directions. No expensive air fare bought, no running up the credit card bill so high it takes me the two years between tours to pay it off!

It isn't the shows i'll miss. Those will be primarily the same shows I see here in my backyard (FOUR times this tour). Nope, it isn't drooling over Richie and laughing at Jon i'll miss nor is it seeing my favorite band in their hometown!

What I am going to miss is the chance we take every 3 years to get together: friends that met over Bon Jovi and stayed friends for years, some of us friends for decades! We are from Northern Cali, Southern Cali, Chicago, Georgia, NJ, NY! We travel together or just meet up when we are there! We all met online while discussing our fave band on Captain Crash and stayed friends despite the sites demise! Jovi brought us together but we have stayed friends despite distance and the craziness of life! We may not see each other or talk much between tours but once that band announces those NJ shows, it's business as usual! We all know that despite protests to the contrary ("I hate this trip...this is my last time, I swear"), we all will meet up every 2-3 years in NJ!

Now I hear there isn't going to be Giant's Stadium shows this summer! I'm not upset about not going into debt or taking vacation time I haven't accrued yet. I am upset about missing the chance to catch up with my friends! Wonder if Jon thinks of the true impact to the fans while going down the elevator from his multi-million dollar Manhattan penthouse apartment that's bigger than my house! I doubt it! Like this post? Please share it, bookmark it or leave a comment.
Digg
Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Newsvine
Twit This
Share on Facebook

0 comments: