I'm Back In The Writing Groove

Ok, confession time! I have a tendency to get totally immersed in my latest activity to the detrement of all other aspects of my life. Case in point: My three+ years at The Church At Rocky Peak. Most people can go to service, maybe join a bible study or a ministry and be fine. Me? I had to join choir, give a testomony in front of 3k people over 3 services in a weekend, participate in skits, join a life group in Santa Clarita, teach 2nd and 3rd grade sunday school, participate in 12 performances of the Easter production while being a member of the Tech Team! Over commit much? Oh yeah, I do.

So now you get the picture. Which is why when I went back to school, I kinda disappeared. I started out slow, one class, but when that was interrupted by emergency abdominal surgery, I felt I had to make it up in the spring. So I took that class over, added another one and there I was at school every Tues-Thurs at 7A, after working until midnight the night before! Weekends and mornings were study time.

I was successful in that I was able to pull down a 3.428 average doing things but at what cost? We can start with the 15 pound weight gain that I am firmly convinced was the result of only getting 4-5 hours of sleep a night! Then there were the friends that went unseen (Hi Selena! Remember me...your friend you haven't seen since Thanksgiving) and the little joys in my life that went by the wayside, like writing for my blog.

It was a lesson learned. I learned I need balance. I had it in my head that I wanted to finish school as quickly as possible however, I don't want to weight 500 pds and be friendless at the end of it. So I am taking one class this coming semester and it starts at 1:30pm. That gives me time to sleep and time to write.

A balanced life is a healthy life.

Like this post? Please share it, bookmark it or leave a comment.

Digg
Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Newsvine
Twit This
Share on Facebook

1 comments:

Selena said...

Good Lord girl! I thought you might have checked your blog by now ... the confidentiality statement at the bottom of your post is just cracking me up. Play it safe and don't get busted for blogging at work, 'k? Love you & welcome back to blogging.