First Day Of Rest Of Life....AGAIN!!!

I have been feeling funky lately and couldn't figure out why! Not necessarily feeling down or wallowing in self-pity but just thinking that I am not good at my job, not going to ever "get a man", going to live the rest of my life as "the dog lady". Last night, I discovered that if I don't change those thoughts, that is exactly what will happen!

I am cleaning out my DVR and come across an Oprah episode I hadn't watched. On this show, the discussion was on "The Secret" and how to actually put it into practice. "The Secret", "The Law of Attraction", "Power Of Positive Thinking", this is the theory that your thoughts genererate energy and that they create the actions you take. It isn't a new theory, it's been around for centuries. Yet when a easy read book was written a year or so ago and Oprah gave it her stamp of approval, it became part of the current cultural landscape. The theory that thoughts are energy and like energy attracts the same now has a name, a book and a celebrity endorsement!

It is much easier to get caught up in the negative thinking! Some of us are just wired to automatically think positive but a lot of us aren't! At the very least, thinking positive improves your mood and the moods of those around you because you can't be bitchy if you are thinking positive! Logically then, your actions follow your thoughts. If you are thinking that you are worthy of a good man, then you aren't likely to be truckin around in your baggy college sweatshirt and raggy sweats! If you are thinking you are good at your job, your confidence and abilities will reflect that, it's just logical!

Before you roll your eyes, let me tell you what happened to me last August. I decided that I was absolutely miserable at the customer service job I had at 21st Century and decided I wanted to be in a new job by Labor Day. So I posted my resume on Monster and kept thinking about that Labor Day deadline. Within a week and a half i got a call from a sound company wanting to schedule an interview the next day. I went to the interview and walked out of there thinking "this job is mine". That was at 11AM. At 4:15 that afternoon I had my job offer. Not only was I out of the miserable job I had, but I was back in the Entertainment Industry where I always wanted to be. The start date of the new job? September 4th, day after Labor Day!

Today is the first day of the rest of my life and my new outlook on life. A positive outlook. I am making my lists, affirmations, and vision board. There is no harm in trying this and I have already experienced it's power once. We all deserve nothing better than the best and I am going to set out today to get it! Like this post? Please share it, bookmark it or leave a comment.
Digg
Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Newsvine
Twit This
Share on Facebook

0 comments: