In a perfect world the call would have gone like this:



Me: Thank you for calling large insurance company, this is Cynthia may I help you?

Caller: Yes, I work for Ticketmaster and want to find a doctor that is on the plan?

Me: I can help you with that. Lets see....ah yes....I see we have several doctors on the plan in your area.

Caller: Great! How do I get that information?

Me: Well, you can put it on a major credit card or.....wait....you can ONLY put it on a major credit card as there is no other way to pay for the info.

Caller: PAY for the info?

Me: That is right. There is the charge for the info, plus a third of that cost is my locator fee and then there is another fee for mailing the info and a fee for finding an envelope and and a fee folding the list and putting it into the envelope....

Caller: Forget this...I am going to another insurance company

Me: Well, you employer only offers us for your health care needs so unfortunately we are the only game in town. Now....about payment?



Ok...you get the gist!





Like this post? Please share it, bookmark it or leave a comment.
Digg
Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Newsvine
Twit This
Share on Facebook

0 comments: