Friends Are Family

I don't have a problem being single. I totally buy into the idea of being able to do what I want, when I want. What scares me about living life single became glaringly apparent after my recent health scare: when you are single, who takes care of you when you are sick or when you get old?

The truth is that when you are single, your friends become your family! The good friends step up and take care of things when you can't. Thank God I am blessed with some wonderful friends. Val, who took me to the hospital, had the presence of mind to remember what hospital contracted with my insurance and sat with me in the ER. Selena, Robert and Shannon, who came to visit and comforted me with pictures, books and just their presence. In return, I entertained them with incoherant, morphine induced mumblings and ramblings. Terri, who checked in and prayed for me! There are many others who left wonderful get well messages on Facebook. I am grateful for all of them! Their love and support helped greatly!

So when I get scared of being alone and sick, I think of the wonderful friends that helped me recover and know that if the tables are ever turned I would do the same for them. Just like family. Like this post? Please share it, bookmark it or leave a comment.
Digg
Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Newsvine
Twit This
Share on Facebook

0 comments: