Reinvention: A Work In Progress

A big part of my reinvention program is improving the parts of my life that need work. One of the areas of my life that could use improvement the most is my finances. I have a real instant gratification problem: I think about what feels good for that moment and not worry about the big picture. Consequences, like high interest rates and overdraft charges never enter my mind. Pay $35 for a latte due to overdraft? Oh well! Its the Thursday before payday and I really want that latte!

I do believe in God and know that He gives us opportunities to the right thing, and when we slip and do less than what we should, he lets us try again...and again...and again. Such is the case with me and my finances. I am out of the never ending cycle of overdraft and have my credit cards paid down and what does God present me with? One of the biggest Bon Jovi tours in a decade! Six shows readily accessible on the West Coast and THREE in New Jersey! The biggest test of my finances is concerts and even worse than that, a Bon Jovi tour!!

How am I doing? Well...The best seats available are almost $200 a pop! If I went to all those shows it would almost cost $2k for just tix alone! I can't do that! I don't really even want to get myself in that big of a hole! I have tickets to the NJ shows and will wait and see for all the West Coast ones. I can't say I haven't been tempted to overdraft and grab a KILLER seat for the LA show but I didn't do it! It just feels better not having that stress of only having $5 in my wallet! The tickets are on presale and the general presale is a week from Monday...after payday...when I am in a better position to buy. I feel good about waiting!

Sometimes delayed gratification feels better than then instant gratification. I am on the way to reinvention after all. Like this post? Please share it, bookmark it or leave a comment.
Digg
Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Newsvine
Twit This
Share on Facebook

0 comments: