The Hard Part

I was told going back to school wouldn't be easy! I thought they were talking about studying. Studying is the easy part. Finding the time to do it has proven to be very difficult!

I have too many things to distract me. I have 4 episodes on Oprah on TiVo, 2 Rottweilers that need a love fest, 2 months worth of magazines and catching up with my roommate to do. On top of all that it is National Blog Posting month and that means I have to blog every day! None of this should be more important than school but it always seems to be!

I have always had plenty of time. I am single with no kids so time has been strictly my own. Having time hasn't been a problem but setting priorities has been. I have been self-indulgent, only caring about fun.

Times, much like myself, are changing. I am finding the best time to study is in the morning and I stick to that. I watch TV only for an hour when I get home from work, to wind down. The magazines and books will wait. I am setting priorities that will serve me best in the long run, not just what will make me feel good now. That indeed is a change, one for the better. Like this post? Please share it, bookmark it or leave a comment.
Digg
Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Newsvine
Twit This
Share on Facebook

0 comments: