Clarity

There is a moment in life where you have no doubt about the path you are about to take. You have no control over when it comes to you but you are sure when it does. Pop culture psychologists call it a "moment of clarity". I call it welcome relief!

Last night after a day of listening to podcasts of pundits arguing about health care, it dawned on me: if I quit my job and go to school full-time, I will be in the bracket of those without health care! I am too old for that! Then my thoughts progressed to other things: I work mid-afternoon to evening which makes going to school in the morning a breeze (the class selection is much better during the day) AND I work at a job that gives me 5k a year educational reimbursment that ISN'T tied into my current position (meaning they will pay for any major...not just what's related to your job) Ok...why was I thinking about leaving?

I am so relieved! The solution to my current worries was right in front of me all along: stay put! Keep my current job! I know the ropes, won't have to learn a new job on top of going to school and I have my benefits, health care and other wise. This way, I can leave community college debt free, with my RN and hit the ground making money instead of spending the first couple of years paying it back!

I feel much better that I know where I am going to school and who is going to pay for it! I don't have to worry about where to find financing or how I am going to live. I'll save all that for when I go back to get my advanced degrees. Right now, the plan is in place and all the details are starting to come together! This feels good! Like this post? Please share it, bookmark it or leave a comment.
Digg
Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Newsvine
Twit This
Share on Facebook

0 comments: