Just Stop The Madness

One of the things that defines me is that I am a native Southern Californian. I am a flip-flop wearing, sunshine loving, beach going Angelino. I have always considered myself blessed beyond all belief to live in L.A., City Of The Angels. We have the best weather around, all the entertainment you can possibly imagine and opportunities on many levels abound. I LOVE L.A. and have always defended my city to the bitter end…….until now.

 

For the first time ever I am embarrassed for my beloved city, a place I love with all my heart. However, like in any relationship, sometimes there is disappointment. See, I live in a city with a school district in shambles that is in a state that is paying it's debts with Yous. And yet, someone feels it is important to spend a reported 2.5 MILLION dollars to host a memorial services for someone who many feel is a drug-addicted pedophile. Someone who made hundreds of millions of dollars and the CITY IS PAYING for this damn Michael Jackson memorial??? Police presence, trash pickup…….why are we paying for this??? Why isn't the Jackson family???

 

Look….I am someone who appreciates the early music just as the next guy! I have "Dancing Machine" and "Shake Your Body" on my Ipod. But does musical genius wrapped in a very troubled life deserve my tax dollars over students whose school district can't afford books or air? Absolutely not!  

 

I can't believe I am saying this but can we just go back to the crazy media coverage of horny politicians!

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile Like this post? Please share it, bookmark it or leave a comment.
Digg
Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Newsvine
Twit This
Share on Facebook

0 comments: