A Maverick Not A Quitter!

I never thought in a million years I would say this but here goes: I have something in common with Sarah Palin. I don't support her politics and I think she may be opportunistic when it comes to the "selling out" of her children. We do agree on one thing: when you aren't happy with where you are in life, make a change!

I recongnize that this isn't easy! I am now just starting to search career opportunities and have actively searched on the online dating sites for the second day this week! For me, action goes a long way towards limiting fear in change! Change can sometimes be good! Besides, the fear of changing is far less for me than the fear of being 65, alone and living in a box! No room in the box for a dog so that isn't an option, no sir!

I just turned 44! I am by no means "old" but I am not getting any younger! Age is just a state of mind! My aunt graduated nursing school after her husband died and is making 6 figures...at 61! My mom graduated college and became an accountant after raising 3 kids on her own...at 45! Mid life changes can be good if they are planned and executed! I am not going to sign my life away on student loans to become a underwater basket weaver but with some thought and hard work, I just may be able to find a career I enjoy and make money! Retirement may be a possibility after all!

So hats off to sister Sarah! Go do what is you want to do and don't listen to your critics! In this instance, I truly believe you are a maverick! Like this post? Please share it, bookmark it or leave a comment.
Digg
Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Newsvine
Twit This
Share on Facebook

0 comments: