A Little Bit Of Heaven

" A Little Bit of Heaven....94.7 KMET....Tweedle Dee"! If that just brought a smile to your face and nostalgia to your heart, you aren't alone! Yesterday, 100.3 The Sound brought that smile back to many faces as they broadcast the first "Finally A Friday" in years! It was KMET day on the station and many of the DJs from back in the day did shows, played clips from back in the day and joined us in reliving the memories of back when commercial radio was worth listening to!

For Southern California music fans, KMET was and always will symbolize the glory days of LA rock radio! The station who told us to "fly low and avoid the radar" did just that as the music was not subject to corporate whims! The cuts went deep into the albums...yes, albums...and the DJs were deep into the topical humor! The boundaries were pushed and listeners loved it! Think "WKRP In Cincinati" and I think you have the picture!

KMET was a huge part of my high school days! I discovered my love of rock music through KMET and the station was the first place I heard Journey! I remember fondly wearing my KMET shirt as all the cool kids did! KMET wasn't just a radio station, it was a state of mind...an altered state at times but it was all ours. We claimed it proudly!

I miss KMET for what it was and what it represents to me! It represents a day when things weren't corporate and overly "PC"! And for all who listened to the "Fish Report With A Beat" yesterday and were taken back to the days when radio was good, I give a shout out with the signature greeting of the "Immoral Minority"...YOOO-YA!! Like this post? Please share it, bookmark it or leave a comment.
Digg
Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Newsvine
Twit This
Share on Facebook

0 comments: