View From Mid-Life

I don't know what I want to be when I grow up. The problem is that I AM grown up and still don't know for sure what I want to do.

 

Here is what I know I love:

 

Well-written Television

Animals

Technology

Music

Magazines

Pop Culture

Politics

Philanthropy

Writing

 

Hmmm…..not a lot of money making interests there. Maybe I can write a TV show about a guitar playing dog who Tweets about running for office?

 

I am slowly and sadly coming to the realisation that my opportunities to follow my bliss are over. I will never win American Idol, write a speech for Obama or marry Jon Bon Jovi. Maybe the goal needs to be to make as much money as humanly possible so I can retire at 65 and buy that ranch for homeless dogs like I want. It is with that in mind that I am pondering the idea of becoming a nurse. I can be educated and licensed in 3-4 years and have a career before I'm 50. That gives me 15-17 years to make a ton of money in a career that is recession proof.

 

Like my aunt pointed out, I have worked the past 20 years in jobs that I didn't like for no money. If I don't like nursing, at least I can be in it for the cash. It's a thought.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile Like this post? Please share it, bookmark it or leave a comment.
Digg
Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Newsvine
Twit This
Share on Facebook

0 comments: