Listening and Following The Path

I am a person who likes to just dive in! I get excited about something or get an idea that I feel is worth pursuing and it's off to the races. I jump in and then think about it along the way. I have a tendency to believe in "go big or go home" but thankfully I am also a firm believer in God and the power of prayer!

This all comes into play today. I have been thinking and praying about my mid-life shift because I have been feeling overwhelmed! As is my nature, I started to embark on 3 major projects all at once and what I am finding is that I am devoting little time to any of them! 5 minutes on a dating website, 10 minutes researching career options, 4 minutes working on the blog....this is getting me nowhere but frustrated and depressed.

This morning in the shower I had what Oprah calls an "ah ha" moment but I prefer to call it a "God shot"! See, I think thoughts can often be little shout-outs from God! He often speaks to me in the shower...don't know why! Anyway, His current missive to me was that I am trying to do too much at once! He advised me to "prioritize...put the career and blog upfront and the romance will come when you aren't looking"! Wow!

I instantly felt better and hopped on line! I updated my resume and cover letter and found a very interesting opportunity I am perfect for with EBay! That got me to thinking about maybe researching jobs in technology. I love technology! My IPod and Blacberry are permanent extensions of my body! I am very active in the wave of the future, social media! I don't know what getting a high paying job in technology will involve but this may be the path I am meant to take. I know I am much more excited about this path than nursing (sorry Aunt Pat, love you but I just don't like people...LOL)! Plus, you all know I love my "geeks" and where else to find the geek of my dreams that working in the tech sector...BONUS! :)

This is exciting on many levels! See, I haven't been exactly walking with God these days but he hasn't forgotten that I am down here. God is amazing! He doesn't forget and when you take the time to ask and then, more importantly, take the time to listen, He will give you the information and guidence you need. He never fails!

This journey is a work in progress, as they all are, and I am sure this isn't the last revision. A work in progress makes for an exciting blog, right?

:) Like this post? Please share it, bookmark it or leave a comment.
Digg
Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Newsvine
Twit This
Share on Facebook

0 comments: