My Hero, My Friend Pt. 2

It was 8 years ago that I met up with Val in the parking lot in front of her shop. She had mentioned weeks before that if I knew of anyone that wanted to rent a room, to let her know. Little did I know at that time that my entire family would relocate to Arizona and I would be alone. But they did, and I was. So I found myself asking if her room was still for rent. It was and I moved in shortly thereafter.

 

It has been 8 years of personal growth, healing and love. At the enter of it all is my dear friend Val! We first met in 1979 when I came in to her shop to get my hair cut for a school dance. 30 years later, I can't imagine anyone that knows me better!  Honest when she needs to, loving at all times, Val is as true a friend as there could ever be! I count on her for advice, love and humour! She never lets me down.

 

Val is a hero to me because she is cheerful, hopeful, kind to a fault. She is at her best when helping others be at their best. I know being my friend is't easy. I am stubborn, moody and obstinate but Val just smiles and nods, knowing that the moods will pass with time and most often, caffeine.  She loves me when it is't easy! At the most painful times in my life she has been there with laughter and smiles to make me see it will all be fine in the end!            

 

I wish there were words that describe what an amazing woman my friend Val is! She is the kind of friend you hold on to for dear life!

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile Like this post? Please share it, bookmark it or leave a comment.
Digg
Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Newsvine
Twit This
Share on Facebook

0 comments: