The Best Burger

It was a debate that raged on for months. My friends and I from the West Coast on one side, our friends from the East Coast on the other. See, we were all planning to meet in New Jersey. The occasion? Bon Jovi’s first hometown shows in a decade! You would think we would be discussing song selection, where to stay, the weather? Nope! We had matters of much more importance on our minds. The debate was over which side of the nation has the best burger: West Coast fave In and Out or the East Coast staple White Castle.

 

I had a vague recollection of White Castle from when I was small. For some reason, I remember going to a White Castle in Cincinnati with my dad. I remember the burgers to be small and square but really had no memory of the taste. So on that trip to New Jersey, our first stop was at the White Castle in Sayerville NJ. We were sure the burgers taste better there because reportedly Jon Bon Jovi himself worked there while in high school. I ordered 3 “sliders” and a small fries and must say the eats were tasty. They are really nothing more than meat, onions and bun, which is how I like it!  I can see why people say the best way to order them is by the dozen and the best time to eat them is on a Saturday morning while you are coming home from the bar. You need to eat a dozen of the tiny things before it registers that you are eating a burger! They are perfect post-bar hopping food and like most things back east, White Castle is 24 hours.

 

That is one thing White Castle has over In And Out, 24 hour accessibility. However, as much I liked eating the east coast burger in such a landmark setting as Jon Bon Jovi’s hometown, I still hold true to my belief that for a true burger, you can’t beat In and Out. Maybe its my LA bias but give me a real sized burger any day.  Meat that tastes like beef, soft buns and fries that taste like potatoes, not grease! That is the In and Out experience! “Freshness you can taste” the commercials tell us and its true! The various ways you can order their burgers is legendary but I like mine with meat, cheese and mustard! That’s it!

 

“In And Out. That’s what a hamburgers all about”. Just make sure you  make it out of the bar or club by 1!

 

Like this post? Please share it, bookmark it or leave a comment.
Digg
Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Newsvine
Twit This
Share on Facebook

0 comments: