The Best Night Of Television

It seems like every now and then there is one night of television that stands out among the rest.

 

One of my earliest memories is of Friday night television. That’s right, Friday. Now a virtual TV wasteland, back in the early 70’s it was magic night. That was the night for “The Brady Bunch”, “Partridge Family” and “Nanny and the Professor”. My television addiction can be traced right back to my parent’s putting me on restriction from Friday night TV when I talked back. No David Cassidy? Oh, the horror! In the mid-late seventies, magic night was Tuesdays. I can remember playing in the backyard up until “Happy Days” and “Laverne and Shirley” came on. The 80’s? Of course, Must See Thursday with “Cosby Show”, “Cheers” and then, later on “Friends”.

 

Once “must see Thursdays” went by the way of the doo doo, I didn’t think there would be another magic TV night. That was until the last couple of years when Monday became not a day of dread, but a night I look forward to with glee. That is because of Jack Bauer, the Gossip Girls, and a loveable spy named Chuck.

 

Yes, my friends, Monday night is the best night of television out there. I do realize that statement is subjective. But for me, you can’t be a loveable spy, a bad ass counter-terrorism agent and spoiled, young, rich Manhattanites! “24”, “Chuck” and “Gossip Girl”. Three of my most favorite shows and they are all on Monday night. These shows have great writing, characters you want to know more about and great plot driven comedy/drama! Those things are a combination that makes for great TV! Hard to come by in an  industry driven by reality crap and those that star in it! Yuck! Give me Jack Bauer and Chuck kickin ass over some kid squawking over on American Idol!

 

These three shows make Monday night the best for TV. Tune in and you won’t be disappointed!

Like this post? Please share it, bookmark it or leave a comment.
Digg
Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Newsvine
Twit This
Share on Facebook

0 comments: