The Best Way To Unwind

There are many things that can take the edge off a rough day: a hot shower, glass of wine, a favorite show saved on TiVo. For me, the best out of all of them is the smiling face of my other Rottie BFF, Beanie.

Beanie is our other Rottie, Thor's brother. They are two peas in a pod. Thor is mellow and Beanie is high energy. It is Beanie that recognizes the sound of my car as it parks along the curb. When he hears it, he runs half way down the stairs, sits on the landing, and looks out between the slats of the bannister.

It is his smiling face that I see when I come in the door. His tail wagging, he is so happy to see me I think he is going to burst. How can you be unhappy when you come home to a greeting like that. Sometimes I wonder if the enthusiastic reaction is hopeful manipulation in order to get a peanut butter dog biscuit but it doesn't matter. The loving greeting Beanie gives is the start of our nightly love fest and the best way to unwind after a long day. Like this post? Please share it, bookmark it or leave a comment.
Digg
Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Newsvine
Twit This
Share on Facebook

0 comments: