The Best Part Of Waking Up

I used to be a morning person. I used to be able to wake up without my alarm, bounce out of bed and hit the ground running. That was before the 3p-12a grind, before working full-time and going to school, before I started staying up until 3A to watch “Radio Free Roscoe” on TeenNick.

 

I am no longer a morning person. I am slow to move and grumpy. However, I have developed a routine that is something I look forward to despite my newfound dislike of mornings. I stumble downstairs, wait the 3 minutes that it takes for the coffee to steep in the press. During the time I am downstairs, Thor, my trusty Rottie BFF, has taken over the corner of the bed by my chair.  I pour my coffee, grab the remote and Thor and I watch our favorite show, “The West Wing”.

 

Mornings are no fun, really they are not. But thanks to our routine, Thor and I make the best of them. We watch our favorite show, drink our favorite beverage and slowly ease into the day. Having time to hang out with my bud is the best part of waking up.  

Like this post? Please share it, bookmark it or leave a comment.
Digg
Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Newsvine
Twit This
Share on Facebook

0 comments: