Checking Out

I came to a startling conclusion today:. I am ready to check out of corporate America and go live the life of the student. A life where I can be mentally challenged….wait, that is what this job makes me feel like…..lets make that a life where I can be challenged mentally.

 

This is my third go around in customer service and I hate it just as much as I ever did. What made me think taking this job was a good idea? Oh yeah, I was unemployed at the time! I know a job right now is a good thing its just that I am tired of existing to listen to people whine and complain about their health plan. That is what the press is telling people, right? Health Insurance is the evil one! We are just out to screw the members.  Due to the abundance of garbage in the media about how bad health care is, they are going over every claim explanation and calling to complain, question and otherwise just drive me nuts!  

 

Then we have corporate politics or as I like to call it, life in the sandbox. It's a life of catty gossip and everyone climbing over you to advance their own agenda! They form alliances and work to get you kicked off the island….if you don't submarine them and kick them off first! Just like grade school when you and your bff stood in the corner to laugh at the kids you didn't like! Corporations like you to think the culture is that we all work for the good of the company and are all in this together! Give me a break! Ill believe that when it shows up on my paycheck!

 

The irony of a blog complaining about people complaining isn't lost on me but after 8 months of this, I am really ready to check out! Go be a student and then start a new career. Nursing won't be easy but at least the patients have something to complain about!

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile Like this post? Please share it, bookmark it or leave a comment.
Digg
Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Newsvine
Twit This
Share on Facebook

0 comments: