Hope

I have been exceptionally happy lately. I just feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I wasn't sure why. I am still working at a job I am not wild about for far less money than I have made in years. I am still single with no prospects. Still broke. But I am happy.

 

Today I figured it out. I am happy because I know I am not destined to be permanently broke, single or in a job I am not wild about. I am headed for some hard work and lean days money wise but they are only steps on the journey to better things. The hope of a better day makes all the craziness of the current mess I am in melt away. Hope is a unique thing! It helps us to keep our eyes on the future when the present is too crazy to deal with.  

 

Hope was delivered by my aunt in the form of a suggestion to go to nursing school. Nursing gives me a career and a way to give back by helping people. It will provide a secure career and money to make up for the last 28 years I have spent goofing around! I see retirement in my future and that gives me hope, makes me happy.      

 

With nursing, I have hope that I won't have to work at a dead end job forever. I will have a career and the education to back it up. Hard work will have to happen but at the end of it, I know that retirement is only a relative few years away. It is then that I will blissfully canvass the country on my National Park RV tour! Me and my dog…and hopefully that funny, gorgeous doctor I picked up along the way.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile Like this post? Please share it, bookmark it or leave a comment.
Digg
Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Newsvine
Twit This
Share on Facebook

0 comments: