Back To The Future

A high school graduation is a time for young people to ponder their future and their older friends and family members to question their past.

"Would I do it over again if given the chance" is a question asked time and time again. It has been explored in movies like the recent "17 Again" and in novels. I thought about it while at my niece's graduation yesterday. I had plenty of time during the alphabetical calling of names since Ally's last name begins with S and she is in a class of almost 600. Anyway, I decided that I wouldn't do it over.

Life's joys and pains are felt in the lessons learned along the way. I am an entirely different person than I was when Ally first came into my life 16 years ago. I am thinner, wiser and more at peace with things in my life than I've ever been. I have traveled and had some really cool experiences. Sure, there have been painful experiences such as my family leaving but even that led to the joy of moving in with my roommate and her two rottie puppies, who all remain my best friends to this day!

Lessons learned include overdrafting your bank account for a shoe sale is only a temporary pleasure, that the comfort of saving is more long term, that your friends are a gift and that happiness is a warm puppy!

I don't know what the future holds for Ally but my wish for her to enjoy the journey! Life is a roller coaster ride but it is worth the price of admission! Like this post? Please share it, bookmark it or leave a comment.
Digg
Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Newsvine
Twit This
Share on Facebook

0 comments: