The Glory Of The "Crackberry"

It is talked about in the media and is in the hands of most celebs! It even made headlines around the world when the newly elected leader of the free world said they would have to "pry it out of my hands". It is possibly the most trendy of all addictions these days and I admit I am totally and shamelessly addicted to my Blackberry!

My first encounter with the device was in the middle of Times Square, 3 or 4 years ago. Cindy, Shelley and I were on our trip to Bon Jovi land and Cindy kept checking her "crackberry", as she called it! "Why do you call it that", I asked. "Because having one of these is as addicting as crack", she told me while checking for email, the third time in as many minutes.

I resisted as long as I could! I saw everyone walking down the street, bumping into others while looking down at God knows what on that little thing. I damned them all to heck when they were talking on them while driving. Yet, I was intrigued. What is this like, being able to text or surf the net while in line at the bank? Email anywhere?

I had no idea but finally gave in last July. I was in the phone store looking for a new phone because mine died unexpectantly. While waiting for a representative, I glanced over at the Blackberry display. It seemed to have a soft glow around it and I swear I could hear angels singing! I wandered over and picked one up! It fit right into my palm, shiny, track ball moving under my thumb! When the dude came over and said "information right at your fingertips", I was sold!

I couldn't put it down and played with it for hours! That was the beginning of a beautiful friendship! I have rarely let it out of my sight and when on a cruise recently that left an entire ship without a cellular signal, I was seriously upset! How could I be without my Blackberry for FOUR whole days?

My Blackberry is my gatepost to the world! It shows me pictures of my dogs when I am down, plays my music when it is quiet, reminds me of what I have to do when things pop up on my calender. Even more than that it gives this information and communication junkie an outlet for both those things. With Twitter and subsequently Twitterberry, I follow People,E Entertainment NPR, CNN and even Animal Planet! Want to know what's going on on "Idol"? Ryan Seacrest's tweets are right there in my purse! At dinner and want to know what tapas are? Wikipedia is within reach to tell me tapas are little appetizers! Impress the dinner mates for sure! I am even able to post to my blog via Blackberry and the messenger function is the preferred mode of communication with my best friend and I!

The best thing about Blackberry is that it allows me to roam free and do all these things without being tied to the laptop. Freedom and flexibility is important to me! I hate to be tied down in any way and with the Blackberry I don't have to be!

For all these reasons and probably many more that haven't been discovered yet, I will say that my name is Cynthia, and I am a Blackberry addict! I am in very good company! Like this post? Please share it, bookmark it or leave a comment.
Digg
Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Newsvine
Twit This
Share on Facebook

0 comments: