He's My Brother



My two crazy Rotties are brothers, right out of the same litter! Bear is the more energetic of the two, Thor is the one that just wants to snuggle. They love to chew on stuffed toys and no matter if you give each one the exact same toy, they will want what the other has. Just like human brothers, they argue, beat each other up and then give each other a lick to say "its ok"! I have no doubt how much they love me, but I didn't know how much they love each other until today!
 
Thor has had some mild digestive issues lately that we have been keeping an eye on. So Val took him to the vet today! We put Bear out in the back yard so we could get Thor into the car without a problem. Bear went crazy! He couldn't understand where Thor went! To silence the wailing, barking and pounding on the door, I let him in after Thor and Val had left! Bear had a look of panic on his face! Where was Thor going without him? The two have never been apart! He ran to the front door, to the back. He ran upstairs and downstairs! Bear put his paws up on each window pane that he could reach in hopes of seeing Thor. He came into my room with pleading eyes. "Where is my brother", they would say as he whined a questioning whine. I hugged him and tried to comfort him with treats but the frantic pacing and whining continued.

I always stand firm in my belief that dogs understand when they are spoken too. Thor even talks back! Like a petulant child, he will grumble at me when he dosent get his way or he will growl sweet nothings when we are having our lovefests (petting and hugging on the floor). This afternoon with Bear was the first time ever I wished dogs would flat out speak English! I wanted Bear to understand that his brother would be fine even if I wasn't sure myself!

It had been over an hour when I saw Bear's ears perk up. It was before I heard the car doors shut! He flew down the stairs with speed and stood guard at the door! A look of relief came over his face as Thor came through the door! Bear started licking his face with joy! I wanted to remind Bear this is the same dog that steals his empty peanut butter jars but it wouldn't have mattered. His playmate, his brother was home and safe, nothing to show for the trip than maybe a stomach bug. Thor was home and this made Bear one happy dog!

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile Like this post? Please share it, bookmark it or leave a comment.

Digg
Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Newsvine
Twit This
Share on Facebook

1 comments:

mmka1 said...

I do agree that dogs can understand people and on some level people can often understand dogs. I vividly recall when Pokey came to let me know that he was gravely ill; his eyes said everything.