The Dream

Everyday at about 2PM, I have the same argument with the angel/devil on my shoulder. The angel reminds me that I am blessed to have gainful employment of any kind in this rotten economy. She reminds me that there are people working far less desirable jobs to barely make ends meet. The devil on the other shoulder reminds me that I really want to take my laptop to the beach and just write. Write about anything.

 

It finally dawned on me that writing is what I was meant to do. That is why I haven't really lasted or succeed in any 9-5 job! I think when, as humans, we aren't living up to our potential, aren't doing what God put us here to do, then the road is long!  Sure, developing a career as a writer may not be the easiest thing I will do but I do believe if it's what I was meant to do and I believe it can happen, it will happen!

 

So with that in mind, I am embarking on a new adventure: the life of a writer! I am not crazy so for the meantime I have to keep the paying job. However, I have thought long and hard and I have a great idea for a blog! It is one that serves an under served market segment. My hope for the blog is to help others in a similar situation as myself and maybe by writing daily, help myself as well. I don't want to disclose too much but hope to have it up and running by July 1st!

 

Working towards a dream is scary but it's scarier to me thinking of wondering "what if" on my death bed. I am 44 and almost at the mid-point in my life. It's about time to start living up to my potential.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile Like this post? Please share it, bookmark it or leave a comment.
Digg
Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Newsvine
Twit This
Share on Facebook

0 comments: