My Hero, My Friend

I veered off the monthly topic of heroes without honoring some wonderful ladies. This week I want to let you know just what makes them so wonderful!

I am going to start with an amazing woman! Selena has a masters from UCLA and is a LCSW. She was planning on working and raising a family until health issues put those plans on hold. While having things not turn out the way you plan is disappointing, Selena doesn't let it stop her! She is writing and sells Mary Kay. She didn't give up, she just revised the plan!

For example, while she is waiting to decide if raising children was the right thing to do, Selena adopted two wonderful dogs and became a great pet parent! She is training them and hopes they give back by being therapy dogs one day. There are hiccups on the way, but she is patient and determined, just like a parent should be!

Selena grew up in a dysfunctional family, much like mine! That doesnt' stop her either! When we both decided our sisters left something to be desired, we just adopted each other!

What makes Selena a hero to me is that although life hasn't turned out the way she planned or wanted it, she remains hopeful. She hasn't stopped living and tries not to let the disappointment get her down. I have seen people sidelined for far less than Selana has gone through and yet Selena keeps on keepin on! She reminds me that when life gives you lemons you make lemonade! She is smart, kind and very funny and a great friend! I couldn't ask for a better sister! Like this post? Please share it, bookmark it or leave a comment.
Digg
Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Newsvine
Twit This
Share on Facebook

1 comments:

Selena said...

Aw shucks Cyndie! What a nice post. Thanks or being my sister and for all the kind words.

Love,

Selena