Welcome To The Month Of Heroes

Here we are at the beginning of another month. 30 days to blog away! I really enjoyed our “blog a day in the month of may” challenge as it sparked my creativity and challenged my lack of discipline. But what to do in the month of June?

The theme of this month according to na blo po mo is heroes. At first, I thought I couldn’t play along. I don’t usually frequent places heroes hang out! I am not a Science Fiction aficionado and haven’t read a comic book since Jughead and Archie were in high school and I was in grade school. I only watched the show “Heroes” a few times before I quit trying to follow along.

It was when I looked up the definition of a hero that I got it. Heroes don't have to be comic book characters or super friends. They can be people with noble qualities, abilities, people who have made a diffence in my life and/or the lives of others. What makes a hero is their ability to overcome insurrmountable odds or to just simply make a difference or an impact on another.

I sat last night and made a list of my heroes. Some I know personally, others who I know only by the impact they have made on my life, others who I know only by virtue of them visiting me via TV! I am looking forward to letting you know about them...one blog and one day at a time! Like this post? Please share it, bookmark it or leave a comment.
Digg
Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Newsvine
Twit This
Share on Facebook

0 comments: